We are looking for a Laundry Attendant to cover a maternity leave from January 7, 2014 until December 14, 2014.
Process all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens , also be able to handle all the guests garments and staff uniform for cleaning and sending them out to be cleaned, receiving them and clean them in house. Able to deal with the laundry and spot removal chemicals.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Operate the ironing machine, laundry and dryer machine according to specifications. While processing cleaned articles, check cleanliness and condition of each; separate damaged/ stained articles.
· Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified carts for distribution.
· Collect, Handle and Receive all the hotel staff uniform on a daily basis and keep control and keep track of all the uniform in/out.
· Must be able to use swing/ embroidered machine, to fix and repair hotel staff.
· Remove spots from the guests and staff garment.
· Keep control and track of the Hotel uniform, linen and terries, for purchasing and accounting purposes.
· Must be able to conduct semi annual general inventory of all the linen, terries, and uniform in the hotel.
· Document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
· Operate wet cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals according to procedures.
· Process and finish garments according to garment labels.
· Separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, relearning or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms, must inform the Housekeeping Supervisor to check the garment before discarding.
· Keep track of the discard linen and involve you management in keeping the track of the discard linen and terries.
· Pick up all the dirty Rags from the floor during the work hours and wash them and stock them again neatly in the Laundry area.
· Inform your supervisor if a guest garment has been accidentally damaged.
· Maintain accurate piece count of iron, towel, and pillows.
· Report faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor.
· Remove lint and debris from drains, dryer filters and change filters as specified in departmental procedures.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
· Transport trash containers to dumpster, empty and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling procedures.
· Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry room floor.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
· Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.